Monday, June 1, 2015

5/17/15 to 5/30/15: Two Weeks of Meh

Looking back, that May 16th run at Fresh Pond probably set me back a few days.  Nothing crazy, but enough to know that I need to use it as a learning experience in the future.

At this point, I would say I'm very nearly back to full health.  I have a new injury in the form of a back issue, but that's something I've dealt with for the past 10 years and I should be able to keep that at bay.  Hopefully things keep progressing quickly and I'm able to lay down some good mileage once more.

The Meh:

17-May Easy 0:08:11 4.34 AM: 4m on Battle Road. I knew this wasn't going to work, but I needed to get out there for my sanity.
PM: Found a bike trainer on the side of the road (kind of worked).  Did an interval session and was drenched.  Sanity partially restored.
18-May Biking 0 AM: ~5m biking.
PM: ~5m biking.
19-May Biking/Rest 0 AM: ~5m biking.
PM: Work event.
20-May Rest/Easy 5.65 AM: Rest.
PM: 5+ home, not there yet.
21-May Biking/Biking 0 AM: ~5m biking.
PM: ~5m biking.
22-May Biking/Biking 0 AM: ~5m biking.
PM: ~22m biking.
23-May Trainer 0 1hr on the trainer
24-May VCM (NOPE!) 0.5 Half mile warm up, then a hodge podge of drills and body weight stuff.
25-May Biking 0 1hr on the trainer
26-May Biking/Biking + Easy 6.14 AM: ~5m biking.
PM: ~5m biking then ran to track and did warm up and drills, ran home.  6+ tot.  Felt good.
27-May Biking/Biking + Easy 2 AM: ~5m biking.
PM: ~5m biking + 2m easy.
28-May Easy/Easy 11.25 AM: 4m commute easy.
PM: 7+m commute home and to TJs, easy but felt tiring.
29-May Easy/Easy 10.16 AM: 4m commute easy.  Warm out.
PM: 6+ commute home. Still warm.
30-May Easy/Easy 7.4 AM: Easy 4+ with 4 very relaxed strides.
PM: Very easy3+ with Eli to Marathon Sports and home.

Weekly totals of ~10 and ~35...Trending in the right direction!  Next up I need to do a track workout and a real long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment