Monday, April 9, 2012

Week #14

Heading into the home stretch now, and it's pretty exciting.  The guts of the training is behind me now, and I just need to pull in the reins and get healthy.

It was an extremely frustrating way to end last week with the onset of shin splints, but my 15 miler to start this week went really well and helped get my head back on straight. After starting the run off easy to make sure the shin was ok, I picked up the pace and headed towards Newton to hit a few hills. I was at about the 6th mile by the time I hit Centre Street and the hills. Obviously this isn't the same as hitting heartbreak at mile 20, but to be able to plow through the hills was a nice confidence boost.

The remainder of the week will primarily be focused on the tapering and getting healthy:


Scheduled
Mileage Actual
Day Date (min) (max) Description Pace Distance Notes
Sunday 1-Apr         -            -   Rest 0:07:14 15.17  Took some ibuprofin and I actually felt really good. 
Monday 2-Apr         -          5.0 w/ 8x100m strides 0:08:45 2.05  Not planning on running too much today; the shin was really tender. 
Tuesday 3-Apr       4.0        8.0 Speedwork 5.56  Don't remember if I took ibuprofin, but I felt ok.  1200 x 3. 
Wednesday 4-Apr         -          5.0 Recovery 0  Rest. 
Thursday 5-Apr       3.0        7.0 w/8x100m strides 0:08:24 1  Went out really easy to test the shin, still tender.  Cut it short, maybe do the miles tomorrow. 
Friday 6-Apr         -          5.0 Recovery 0:08:15 7.14  Took some ibuprofin in the morning and went out during lunch to hit the heartbreak loop.  Took it very easy and focused on form.  
Saturday 7-Apr         -          5.0 Recovery 0:08:12 3.11 Was originally going to do the long run today, but the shin is still very tender, I'll have to wait for the longer run.  Did 6 100m strides and some drills as well. 

Tuesday splits: 4:52, 4:50, 4:52

No comments:

Post a Comment