Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Final Week

There's less than one week until Marathon Monday, and I think I've hit refresh on the 7-day forecast about once every five minutes (looking good so far - knock on wood).  And since the final week isn't really about training so much as it is getting fully recovered  - I've had a lot of down time, which I'm certainly not used to. I've thought about getting out for an easy 5m or something like that, but my shins have been an issue for the past two weeks and now is the time to get that sorted out...otherwise, Vitamin I will have to do.

So since I'll have very little training and very little to post in terms of training, I've spent a bit of time looking over everything I've done since January 1st. Some interesting tidbits:

Average Weekly Total: 45.92
Highest Weekly Total: 60.23m
Highest Total Over Any 7-Day Span: 63.33m
Number of Runs >10m: 34
Longest Run: 23.42m
Highest Monthly Total: 221.7 (March)
Number of Speed Sessions: 16
Total Miles: 652.84m

I also set PR's in the 5k and Half Marathon during training. So, yeah, there it is. Next up is the Boston Marathon.  That's pretty cool.

A great quote I read today:
"One of the first lessons running teaches us about success in athletics and in life is that there is no one else. No one else can do your workouts for you. You alone must do the drills, repeat the core exercises, stretch, and lift the weights. You cannot hire someone else to do your cross-training when you are battling injury, or pay someone to run a race and get you a new PR. You are truly your own hero in running. It is up to you to have the responsibility and self-discipline to get the job done."

Tomorrow should be a nice day...for spectators...
http://www.boston.com/news/weather/weather_wisdom/temp%20monday.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment