Friday, March 9, 2012

Week #10 - First 60 Mile Week!

What a way to start the week - this weather has been amazing!  It really is frustrating dealing with a chest cold when I'm trying to get in some decent mileage, but when the weather is this nice...screw it, I'm going to run through it.

And if I'm not mistaken, last week was the most weekly mileage I've done throughout the training process..pretty happy with that.  All things considered, I'd say the training is going very well, and hopefully I can keep building on the mileage.

On to the data:


Scheduled
Mileage Actual
Day Date (min) (max) Description Pace Distance Notes
Sunday 4-Mar         -          3.0 Or cross training/soccer 0  Surprisingly not sore.  Still can't kick this cold though.  Rest.  
Monday 5-Mar       9.0        9.0 w/6x1000m @ 5K race pace; jog 90 sec 0:07:40 10.05  I got through 3 1k surges and decided to just jog the remaining mileage.  Still have the chest cold, and I started getting a headache when I ramped up the intensity. 
Tuesday 6-Mar     12.0     14.0 Medium Long Run 0:07:42 10.21  Wanted to get in more miles, but between my achilles and my cold this was probably more than enough. 
Wednesday 7-Mar       6.0     10.0 Split Mileage in AM and PM - Recovery 0:07:31 6.05  Ran the route from work that includes hearbreak hill.  
Thursday 8-Mar       3.0        8.0 Speedwork 10.44  1200/800 x 3.  An easy run during lunch and plenty of warm up/cool down.  
Friday 9-Mar         -          5.0 Recovery 0:08:01 6.46  Ran the roughly the same route from work again that includes hearbreak hill. 
Saturday 10-Mar     17.0     17.0 w/14m at marathon pace 0:07:46 17.02  Not a lot of energy.  I was able to work in some surges, but nothing felt great.  The middle of the route included the same hills as Wednesday & Friday. 

Thursday splits: 4:41, 2:54, 4:31, 3:04, 4:35, 2:53.  The indoor track at BU was in use, and luckily the weather was nice, so we went outside for this workout.  Lots of swirling winds though, so the paces felt a bit uneven.

We also had the head Sports Psychologist, Adam Naylor, speak with the group after the Thursday workout, which I thought was really interesting.  He had met with the group last year so most folks were familiar with him, but this was a first for me.  We're meeting with him again next week, so this week he asked questions such as: why do we run?  what do we think of in the middle of a race/long run?  how would we describe how we're feeling when we're "on" in a run/race?...I think it was more of a brainstorming session, and that next week he'll try and give some insight on the mental side of preparing for a race or something along those lines.  I'm not sure how much it can help me though - I'm already having fun, this is a blast.  Everyone should do this.  Seriously.

Total miles: 60.23

No comments:

Post a Comment