Saturday, January 6, 2018

2017 Year in Review & 2018 Goals

2017 Summary
Miles: 5264.56
Days Run: 363
Average Weekly Milage: 100.96!!!
Races: 19
Races Won: 2
PRs Set: 3k, 10m, marathon

While I could have run every day this year, I instead elected to be very cautious with some ankle tendonitis in March, then I took a day "off" to grind concrete for 8+ hours at the end of April.  That consistency is probably the most important takeaway for the year, but I do have a few highlights..

- I suppose a PR at Boston should be a highlight, but it really isn't.
- Defending my win at the Ocean to Bay 5 miler in early June is sort of a highlight.  There was nothing particularly impressive about it, but wins are hard to come by, so I'll go ahead and savor them!
- The Wellfleet 5 miler was the first race that I was truly happy with.  To take the win against very solid competition in muggy conditions was a lot of fun, and that was a race where I took it out hard and held on.
- Friday Night Lights 10k is always a great event and I gave it good go (CSU sandwich race!).
- Grand opening of the Bugbee Pub (aka, beers at our place after hill repeats) was great.  Hopefully something that can continue in 2018.
- CVS 5k was a highlight not especially due to the time, but the opening mile.  I sometimes forget that I broke 5min for the mile just a few years ago.  And in this race I ran 5 flat for the opening mile in hot and muggy weather, which is good stuff in my opinion.
- Another year of Pub Series highlights as well.  I came in 4th overall, but had super tough competition and I think I did a better job of sticking my nose in it for each race.  Plus it's just a great crowd.
- 3k PR...eh, sort of a highlight.
- Assault on Mt Hood was pretty crazy and certainly memorable.
- Averaged over 100 miles per week.  That was a big goal.  Pretty proud of that.

2018 Goals:
- Stay healthy.
- PR at every distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment