Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8/3 to 8/9: After this, Recovery

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised and happy with myself for getting in the miles this week. As I've been mentioning recently - the summer can be a difficult time for me to get in the miles. But this past week I was travelling back from Long Island, playing ultimate on Tuesday, and then the Ultimate Tournament over the weekend. It would've been a reasonable week to not hit the mileage.

I ended up at over 70 miles for the week, as has been my goal - but Monday through Thursday...well, that's one of the more solid four days in a row of running that I can ever recall running. And with a total of 5 ultimate games not counting towards the mileage, well, next week will most definitely be a down week. I hate them, but they are necessary. The body must recover.

Da' Stuff!


3-Aug Long Island 0:06:54 5.09 Just went out along the Charles after getting back from Long Island.
4-Aug 4-Hill Route/Easy 0:07:45 15.47 AM: Late morning run of 8.5 on the four hill route at ~7:30 pace. First 2m with Raleigh.
PM: Met up with Eli and ended up running 7+ at around 8min per.
5-Aug Easy/Moderate/Ultimate 0:07:40 14.30 AM: Commute to work. Easy.
PM: 10m+ on my way to Ultimate. Ended up semi-bonking about a mile from the fields. Good thing I had a GU. Then I played almost the whole game...
6-Aug Easy/Moderate 0:07:50 14.50 AM: Late morning ~4m run around the Charles.
PM: 10m with a mix of Raleigh, Elizabeth, and Jean Dany. Great meeting up with my neighbor Jean Dany - otherwise I would've been done at probably less than 6m for my second run.
7-Aug Easy/Moderate 0:07:30 14.87 AM: Commute to work.
PM: Met up with Jean Dany again and did what ended up being kind of a Fartlek around Fresh Pond.
8-Aug Easy 0:07:48 6.08 PM: Met up with Eli and then continued on my own for a bit. Pretty easy run.
9-Aug Ultimate Tourney 0:07:40 1.60 This was basically my warm up and jogging around with Raleigh, but then I played 4 ultimate games, which aren't included in the mileage.

Total: 71.91

No comments:

Post a Comment